Sign in to follow this  
24th

Money Issue (Coins)

Should we make caskets more commons for drops? and implement other money making methods for the current playerbase?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make caskets more commons for drops? and implement other money making methods for the current playerbase?

• Yes
    • No

5 posts in this topic

As most of you know, getting coins is fairly difficult at the moment. I've received dozens of complaints about the situation so it's time to do something about it. Please vote on the poll and suggest ideas of how we can implement more money into the game for players. If you believe the methods currently aren't an issue then please post about it.

- 24th :)

Personally I agree with increasing the money flow, i suggested some to you before but I'll show you some of my suggestions here and see how people will react to it and what they think about it:

- Raise prices of common skilling supplies (logs + ores etc) to have a high price on G.E.
- Lower the money sink as it's too high (example of nerfing untradeable item costs etc)
- Make caskets give slightly more money and make donator ranks receive more than usual
- Make completing slayer tasks give you an amount of money depending on task difficulty.

2 hours ago, Mellow said:

Personally I agree with increasing the money flow, i suggested some to you before but I'll show you some of my suggestions here and see how people will react to it and what they think about it:

- Raise prices of common skilling supplies (logs + ores etc) to have a high price on G.E.
- Lower the money sink as it's too high (example of nerfing untradeable item costs etc)
- Make caskets give slightly more money and make donator ranks receive more than usual
- Make completing slayer tasks give you an amount of money depending on task difficulty.

I agree with mellow on all those ideas. Like 1.5-2% inflation in economies are not bad, it shows progress and growth as long as it does not get too out of hand I'm pretty sure we'll be Gucci. I think when more players enter the game we might have to revisit this topic and adjust it accordingly again (strongly depends on the type of players are coming in). Good suggestion mellow!

Posted (edited)

I couldn't agree more with Mellow and Rambo... Especially on the cost of items at Reaper if you die with the current player base. The ways that have already been currently mentioned seems suitable enough that nothing more than that needs to be done. Although, I'm not sure I agree with raising the price of skilling supplies in GE would be a wise decision. That would discourage players from trading skilling supplies with the rest of the community in my opinion. Great suggestions Mellow! 

Edited by camdogg93

Agree with the above posts, cash is taking a bit too long to generate at the moment and specific account builds are needed to abuse things like rogues chest to generate gold quickly, which overall isn't healthy.

As rambo stated once the active playerbase doubles (I would say), this would have to be reviewed quickly to avoid the reverse effect of having too much gold in the game.