Sign in to follow this  
sup

Sup Server Support Application

4 posts in this topic

Timezone (UTC):  GMT
Discord Tag: Sup#4210

Have you ever been assigned a staff position? No

Have you ever been punished (forums/ingame) on Empire? I have not

How much time do you spend on Empire weekly? 

Probably spend 2/3 hours a day on the server & always active on the discord

Image of time spent logged in :https://imgur.com/a/Te5k8

Why would you like to work with us?

I am very passionate about the server, have been around since the alotic days (very active member) and really want to see it succeed. If I were to be successful I will do my best to improve and promote the server. Additionally the staff and player base are great!

Why would you make a good addition to the current team?

I bring good banter to the discord & server. I am always active and approachable both on the server and discord and like to get involved with community. I believe I can help push the server to it's full potential and really help it take off. 

What skills or unique qualities could you possibly offer to Empire's staff team? 

I believe highly in being a relaxed member of staff. I would like the community to know they can have a good joke with me and feel like I'm not policing everything they do or say whenever I am logged on. I would also like to be involved in advertisement projects and helping behind the scenes if necessary. I don't feel as though just having decent playtime on the server itself represents the responsibilities a SS should have.

What do you think are three important qualities of a member of the staff team? Explain why you choose those three.

Knowing the fine line between a joke & offensiveness.

This is a big one for me as I can be known to be quite a controversial person. I have an odd sense of humour and I understand that jokes can be made without knowing who is looking/listening to them. Being too hasty to penalise someone for creates a terrible player experience and knowing how to handle it is a number 1 skill in my opinion.

Knowledge & player retention

Obviously new players will come and go, Server Supports should be the first port of call when needing help starting. They should be able to easily guide a player through the process of starting their account and build and maintain that relationship to hopefully make them into a loyal player and someone who tells their friends!

Background Involvement

In-Game activity is obviously the main priority when becoming a Server Support, but I believe that more can be done to help the community progress. Such as creating content polls on the discord & forums, holding events (maybe this is mod/admin+ & playerbase can be an issue too) and head-bashing to get the ball rolling with suggestions too.

Thank you for reading!

Sup

Nice application, good luck :)

Pending, will get back to you with a decision.

Sure.. why not, I'll give you a 2 week trial.